Not everyone has the emotional capacity to make phone calls. If you are able, this is an important action. I’ve included a link to a script.
Jeff Sessions should not be Attorney General. Make sure that our U.S. Senators know that we are watching and will make them accountable if they vote for this man. If he becomes AG, he will hurt America and Americans. Scroll down for some specifics.
The U.S. Senate is required to confirm him. Call Lisa Murkowski and Dan Sullivan today. If you are able, call them every day until Jeff Sessions is either removed from consideration or confirmed.
U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski
709 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-6665
Fax: (202) 224-5301
U.S. Senator Dan Sullivan
702 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-3004
Fax: (202) 224-6501
Sen. Murkowski’s voicemail has been plugged for days, both at her Alaska and DC offices. If you can’t get through by phone, use the links above to email. Then, call back if you can.
Here is a script from 5calls.
A few reasons that Mr. Sessions should not be U.S. Attorney General
Here are just a few of the ACLU’s reasons why Sessions should be kept away from the AG spot or delayed as long as possible:
- He criticized the Obama Administration’s decision to no longer defend the Defense of Marriage Act, which was a critical step in ensuring marriage equality for all Americans. (Source)
- Defended President-Elect Trump’s proposal to ban Muslim immigrants from entering the United States. (Source)
- Referred to the Voting Rights Act, a law that simply demands that every American’s right to vote is protected, as a piece of “intrusive legislation.” (Source)
- Once prosecuted civil rights activists for registering black voters. (Source)
- Supports a national 20-week abortion ban (Source), and has a 100% voting record from the National Right to Life Committee. (Source)
- Voted to defund Planned Parenthood (Source) and called for the Justice Department (which he is being nominated to lead) to investigate PPFA (Source).
- Was one of only 21 senators to oppose the McCain-Feinstein amendment on torture, which explicitly bans the CIA from using torture. (Source)
- Voted to reauthorize and expand provisions of the Patriot Act. (Source)
- Voted against the Violence Against Women Act. (Source)