Tongass Democrats’ Year of Kindness and Strategic Planning committees will be meeting this week.
The Alaska State Legislature reconvenes tomorrow morning at 11 AM, but their public testimony calendar is blank this week. However, the House appears to be soldiering on as best they can without the Senate doing their part of the heavy lifting, so the House has bills pertaining to the budget and opioids on their calendar tomorrow.
Speaking of the Senate: their empty calendar shows a lack of concern about shutting down State government because they can’t be bothered to do the work needed to pass a sustainable budget. I hope that everyone will join me at the “Keep Alaska Open for Business” rally at the Capitol building at 1PM today!
The City and Borough Assembly, on the other hand, has a very busy week coming up with a total of seven meetings, including the Finance, Planning, Public Works, and Lands committees. Their agendas cover everything from wireless communication towers to eagle nests to you-name-it!
It’s all linked below for your enjoyment 🙂
Two committee meetings this week: Strategic Planning and Year of Kindness.
Strategic Planning: Committee members have documents to review in their emails. The time and date of the next in-person meeting will be announced this week. So, if you are a member, please watch your email and the TongassDemocrats.com calendar to keep up with this important work!
Year of Kindness: We will be meeting on Sunday, June 18 at 3:00 PM. The meeting is at Will’s place downtown. As a reminder, we will be running a toiletries drive for Front Street Clinic the week of August 7 – 11.
If you’d like to help out with the important work of these or any other Tongass Democrats committees, please email Mary at email@example.com to be connected to the right person.
City & Borough of Juneau Assembly and Committee Meetings
Here is a link to the official CBJ Assembly calendar. Assembly Chambers are located at 155 S. Seward Street. Note that when you click on an agenda link, it should open up a new internet browser page or tab, depending on your computer settings.
- Jun 12, 12:00 PM – Assembly Public Works and Facilities Committee, Chambers (agenda)
- Jun 12, 5:00 PM – Assembly Lands Committee, Chambers (agenda)
- Jun 12, 6:00 PM – Assembly Committee of the Whole Worksession, Chambers (agenda)
- Jun 13, 5:00 PM – Planning Commission – Committee of the Whole, Chambers (agenda)
- Jun 13, 7:00 PM – Regular Planning Commission Meeting, Chambers (agenda)
- Jun 14, 12:00 PM – Joint Assembly School Board Facility Planning, Chambers (agenda)
- Jun 14, 5:30 PM – Assembly Finance Committee, Chambers (agenda)
For additional information, here is the CBJ Agendas and Minutes page.
Alaska State Legislature
Here are some important links related to the State Legislature:
- their official public testimony page
- their official calendars
- information comparing the House and Senate versions of the budget.
- your Legislative Information Offices
Please note that all of that the information in this post is believed to be accurate at the time of publication, but things might change. When they are available, I’ve included links to official websites so you can double check.
I hope you have a great week,
Opinions in this post are those of the author and do not represent official positions of TongassDemocrats.com, the Tongass Democrats, or anyone other than the author.