There are no Tongass Democrats meetings this week, but Tuesday is shaping up to be a very busy day, with two public testimony opportunities at the Legislature, an important Town Hall on the budget by Rep. Parish (see the Action Alert), and a CBJ Planning Commission meeting with variances on Stark Street and possibly other locations on the agenda. Details on all this, plus additional meetings on Wednesday and Thursday, below.
City & Borough of Juneau Assembly and Committee Meetings
This week, the official CBJ Assembly calendar features two [updated to correct number – Mary] meetings. Assembly Chambers are located at 155 S. Seward Street.
** Note that the agenda links may be directly connected to documents that you’ll be asked to save.
- May 9, 7:00 PM: Regular Planning Commission Meeting, Chambers (agenda)
- May 10, 5:30 PM: Assembly Finance Committee, Chambers (no agenda available at publication time)
Agendas and additional information can be found at the CBJ Agendas and Minutes page.
AK Legislature Public Testimony Opportunities
Check out the most up to date information on the Legislature’s link for public testimony. Not able to be there in person? Contact your Legislative Information Office, and get your options for submitting public testimony.
- May 9, 2017, 5:00 pm – Town Hall on the budget hosted by Rep. Justin Parish, Mendenhall Valley Public Library
- May 9, 2017, 3:30 pm – HB 186, FOOD DONATIONS – S HEALTH & SOCIAL SERVICES
- May 9, 2017, 3:30 pm – SB 79, OPIOIDS;PRESCRIPTIONS;DATABASE;LICENSES – S HEALTH & SOCIAL SERVICES
- May 11, 2017, 11:30 am – HJR 22, SUPPORT OUTER CONTINENTAL SHELF DEVELOP. – H ARCTIC POLICY, ECONOMIC DEV., & TOURISM
Please note that all of that the information in this post is believed to be accurate at the time of publication, but things might change. When they are available, I’ve included links to official websites so you can double check.
Have a wonderful week,